Innocent Love

[ 9 ] February 3, 2010 |

Innocent Love
by Matthew Henrickson

It started so fast
And it has lasted so long
An innocent love
Young and immature
But thrown into adulthood so soon.

Our love has always survived
As if it was meant to be
Creating not only love
But another beautiful life.

Through truth and lies
Laughs and cries
Your smile has always shown through
But what happens when
That big grin
Dies and becomes something blue.

Will our love always be true?

I haven’t written in forever, but I have a feeling that is just the first to come. I feel like I am at a place that I hate being in. My life just feels like a fight.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 3.0/5 (2 votes cast)
Innocent Love, 3.0 out of 5 based on 2 ratings

Category: Matthew Henrickson Poetry

About Matthew Henrickson: View author profile.

Comments (9)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Brenda says:

There is a peaceful place in your heart, soul, and mind that you can always go to. There is a special person waiting to hear from your heart! What ever is going on in your life right now, take it to our “Lord God”.Keeping you in prayer!

2. Thank you for your comment Brenda :)

3. John Byde says:

God does not matter. creation breathes all that is. What ever you feel adds to creation. Nothing is thrown out of the Universe. Of all creation love is the greatest the hearts longng for itself.Know you are never alone, what has faith to do with the strength that is here.
    Love John….I do

4. Gary says:

@John Byde I’m not sure exactly what God or creation has to do with this. It is a poem about love and the birth of a child. Matthew and this woman made their sacrifices through life together and held onto one of the most beautiful things the Universe has to offer… love

p.s. it’s hard to read the text in the comment box. The color is too light for me :(

5. Yeah I gotta fix that box, may go with a new layout soon :)

6. Monique says:

I love this poem…its so sof and natural..its also sweet

7. Steve says:

8. Emily says:

Yeah I gotta fix that box, may go with a new layout soon :)

9. Amy says: